It's Just a Short Moment.



Here is an awakening I had one late night.
(I think that the African kids get the idea across better.)

Since coming home I've been staying up late a lot. Part of all that staying up late, is going to Sonic to get some drinks, then drive around wondering what to do next.

My favorite place to drive around is my neighborhood. There are a good number of lookout points. One night a friend and I stopped at a favorite spot of ours to enjoy our drinks, the view, and the beautiful Utah summer nights.

That's when This awakening hit me. I'm Mormon so this scripture came to mind.
D&C 121:7
"My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity
and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment."
Here is how that works: Lets say you have to drive from Spanish Fork to Orem for a super hot date. Not a bad drive right? Well now lets say it's a super hot summer day, your AC isn't working, and you are stuck near the back of grid locked traffic with nothing good on the radio. Now that is a crap drive. That drive takes can feel more like a lame road trip through all of the ugliest roads in America. That is a situation that would send me off the walls.
(This is the cool part)

Now when you go to that look-out point that I like so much and look at the distance between the two cities, it really doesn't seem that far at all. And with all the city lights on, It is a really stunning spot to be.

So next time your not having a good time, remember, it will pass, and when you look back on what ever trouble, it won't seem as long as it felt like it was.

So can you think of how those kids relate to this awakening?
I am Storm of Peace
and I have spoken

No comments:

Post a Comment