#8 Visit the Ancient Ruins of Greece.



For so many years now I've been learning about ancient Greece and all the legends of the Gods. I've seen Greece in countless pictures, many movies, and almost don't believe it's as beautiful as all the images make it out to be. I see picture after picture of rich, blue oceans sitting next to pale gray cliff faces and towns painted white and accented with bright vibrant colors.
I want to see this for myself. I want to stand in the places that Greek Gods have stood and have a large amount of gyros and baklava with anything else that looks tasty or weird.

# 9  Free Climb Over The Ocean 

A few years ago I was really into mountain climbing. I would often find myself looking up at the beautiful mountains at the many different cliffs, and dream about a day when I could climb up that rock face. I would spend all the time I could climbing, which in reality wasn't so much. So with a mixture of not being able to climb as much as I'd like, not a lot of people to go with, not a lot of money,  and time, my love of scrambling over rocks died away. 
One of my dreams then was to one, go free climbing and jump into a foam pit. Check. It was every bit as fun as I thought it'd be. So then I raised the bar. I wanted to go free climbing over the ocean. 
And While I'm in Greece, - a country on the Mediterranean sea and littered with cliffs- I'm sure I'll find a perfect place to go free climbing.
Free climbing, I think, is the most extreme form of mountain climbing because you go the same height as you would go with equipment but it's nothing but you, your shoes, and a bag of chalk around your waist. So when you fall, you may very well die. Or maybe you couldn't get high enough and just wished you were dead.
 Water acts as a safety net. So When I fall, I just go for a swim. Now granted there still are dangers: like the waves beating you upon the rock, the waves and current keeping me under water for too long, falling from too high and hitting the water too hard, but that's what gives it that bit of excitement and motivation not to fall. Isn't it?
Now I of course will look to do it in the safest way possible. I wouldn't want to die doing  this list item. No, that's for item number 67. 



No comments:

Post a Comment