Poem of Titles

OK OK surprise my first real entry is a poem.
Its something I wrote for a class. The requirement was that I had to use the titles of some Langston Hughes poems, and make it about hardships of my life. I didn't do the last part. Well here it is. All the poem titles are in bold if you want to look them up. I Hope you enjoy!

As I grew older,
riding a one-way ticket of the life,
of a trumpet player,
a player,
of the weary blues that come with Negro skin

Afro-American doesn't mean
there is a delinquent in me!
Who but the lord,
can judge my people?

Oh I do so get puzzled,
about the many dream variations.
We all dream to say life is fine.
Aunt sue wants it in her told stories,
and massas want it in their built stories

How can the white man
kill on the third degree?
Then preach the Sunday morning prophecy?
Is this truly,
a country of democracy?

1 comment: