Friendships On The Road

Looking back I have had a few friendships, and hook ups "on the road". In Mexico, San Rafael Swell, and then always at Timplodge, the Walkabouts, and Pagosa Springs. They all range from just kick'en it together on the trail. To deep, intimate conversations on top of a bus. Laughing around a campfire or over dinner, and the many other ways people come together.

These friendships are always temporary, but in the moment that they are in motion, they seem timeless. Like "these are the moments life are made of", "these are the times that shape our lives". For me it's very relaxing and refreshing, to have an unforgettable time, then saying good-bye, knowing you may never see each other again, or share a similar experience together ever again. For me, the best of these short lived friendships are always a sobering, yet exhilarating, and confidence boosting. I feel ten feet taller, but no need to show it off.

Whether it's for then miles or ten hours, I always feel like I've bonded, and grew a deeper connection and understanding. Not only with that individual, but humanity as a whole. I feel better connected to the world. Like I understand another nut or bolt in the marvelous, vast machine of humanity, and in turn, the seceret to life.

It makes me happy knowing I have another character in the story of my life, and that I'm in some one else's. Even if it's only for a paragraph or a page.

Think about it. Don't most life long friendships start out as a "friendship on the road"? Then over time they grow into something worth sticking to?

1 comment:

  1. I may not know how does a frienship begins, but what I know is that I developed my friendship with my best friend by just talking with no intention to have a serious and good and big relation. I just lived some moments with her. And it's my best friend! But, right now, I'm a bit lost, because despite I have some (two or three) good friend, I miss a united group of friend, 'cause my friends are all from different groups...

    Well, i've already seen that yo're starting this blog. Don't worry, 'cause you'll have success with this blog. good luck with life!

    ReplyDelete