In A Mental Cage

I hate this pain.
This painful mental restriction.
I want to go out.
I want to be about.

This room is swallowing me.
The ceiling is caving in,
Walls crawling in.
I hate this pain.

I listen to music of better times.
Now wish for better times.
I want to play in the world energy,
Not trap myself at bay.

I’m low on inspiration.
My thoughts can’t come out my mouth,
My ideas can’t flow through my fingers,
I need to get out!

I need to laugh with friends,
Not laugh to myself.
I need to smile for what’s now,
Not at a distant memory.

I need to free myself!

I have the strength.
I have the right.
I have the desirer.
I have the physical vessel.

Its time to start my engine,
Hoist the anchor,
Take off,
Take flight!

Why do I fear?
Why do I worry?
What’s to fear?
What’s to worry?

Call up the child inside,
Stop being so shy,
Tell them its adventure time.
Get out and make a life, or live a life

Take a step out side.
Take in the fresh air.
Its time to forgive your self,
And to do something worth writing about.

1 comment:

  1. I know this feeling all too well. Jello I think this is my new favorite poem, for certain.

    ReplyDelete